Thursday, July 06, 2006

I got nothin' to show, but lots to tell.....

I'm just posting to check in. We had such a busy weekend and holiday and I have made SO much stuff - but sadly the car is in the shop and I still have no camera, so I've got nothing to show. Drat!

Eliot's fever turned out to be an ear infection. One dose of antibiotic, some Tylenol and a nap and he was back to his old self. I spent his naptime on Friday afternoon cutting out a bear from my Wee Wonderful pattern book. I used scrap fabric (his body is from a favorite tweed skirt that is now WAY shorter than I can justify wearing) and adapted the pattern so that Eliot's bear wasn't wearing a dress. I also made Eliot a train t-shirt with a freezer paper stencil.

Saturday was ballet for Aidin and farmer's market for everyone else. Jill had some wonderful blue potatoes and white carrots. Later Saturday we saw favorite cousins Karen & Jason - it had been MONTHS since we'd seen them. I pinned together a baby blanket while Tim was at the Wizards game.

Sunday we went to a BBQ with friends and relaxed in their blow-up pool followed by a trip to Topeka. We stole my parent's minivan to drive while my car is in the shop. They are still pulling the trailer around Wisconsin, so they don't need it. We also went to eat with Grandma Jean (my grandma) and went to Gage Park, where we rode the mini-train (Eliot was SO excited!), climbed on the concrete animals, listened to Marshall's Band (which included both Grandpa and Uncle Todd) play a patriotic concert and ran around like banshees with cousins Daniel & Nathan. It was a long, hot day, but oh so much fun!

Monday, JOY OF JOYS! I had the day to MYSELF! Aidin & Eliot had school and Tim had to work, so I made a trip to Hancocks to hit their sale and then came home and sewed! I made a purse like this, finished Eliot's bear, and cut out a Built by Wendy blouse (4112, view B).

4th of July I took Aidin to the fabric store and she picked out some fabric for a Wee Wonderful kitty. She also bought some craft felt and buttons (at 40% off) for her "sewing work" - making felt and button bracelets. So I spent the rest of the day sewing and stuffing and embroidering her kitty. And I started embroidering a ballet bag for her (an old purse of mine from the Gap). It is amazing how much you can get done when everyone else in the family is napping! We also shot off some fireworks, which made Eliot really scared, initially, but he came to think it was fun by the end. We watched the Lawrence fireworks display from the roof of my office building downtown - which was great since Eliot fell asleep before they were over. We only had to carry him down one flight of stairs and to the elevator - not 3 miles to the car!

Whew! I've got another blouse (a pattern from when I was in High School that I stole from my mom's house on Sunday) to cut out and a baby blanket to sew together, but not tonight. I've got a belly dance rehearsal. I'll try to borrow a camera tonight and post photos tomorrow. Cheers!

1 Comments:

At 06 July, 2006 11:53, Blogger laura capello said...

Wow! What a weekend!

I cannot wait for pictures of all your projects -- for the next few weeks I'm going to be living vicariously through all my internet friends.

And thank you for the link for the shoulder bag. I already bookmarked it, because I'm TOTALLY going to make one when I'm better!

(PS -- I want to go see fireworks with you next year. I heart Lawrence.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home