It's DONE!

I finally finished the quilt block I've been working on for oh, so long, that has been giving me guilt pangs and has caused me to avoid the co-worker that I was making it for. I took it to her this morning and left it on her desk. She called a little later and said it surpassed all her expectations, so I am glad it was worth the wait.
So the story behind this quilt block. The family of my friend and co-worker, Paulette, all gets together to make a quilt for wedding presents. Each person is suppo
sed to make a block that somehow represents them to the person it is for. That's terrilble English, but oh well. This quilt will be for Paulette's niece, who said she didn't want to wait until she got married for her quilt - she wanted it for high school graduation! Many years ago, this niece fell out of a tree and Paulette's husband, Jim, just happened to be in the right place at the right time and caught her. The niece still talks about it and still thanks Jim for "saving my life". So that is what I tried to capture in the quilt block. I hope I succeeded. Sorry for the crap photos. My camera died when we were on vacation and I've been borrowing cameras since then. Tim took these with the video camera, which I don't think I'll be doing much of in the future, now seeing the blurry results!
1 Comments:
It looks great!! I LOVE applique and quilting. Your pie in the post above looks great too - I'm a little afraid to make pies. I got your post on my blog (wrensnest) and wanted to tell you that The New Crewel book is really good. I love to embroider, but don't have a ton of time (with 3 kids) and this seems to have some projects that can be smaller in size, but there aren't a bunch of fussy stitches - really cool ideas and great pictures! Anyway, love your blog and thanks for posting to mine - since I just started it's really nice when you have comments! Have a great evening!
Post a Comment
<< Home