Browse, shop, swap, sew
I'm trying to avoid the ole' car issue today, so I'm distracting myself. First, I spent half an hour browsing the shelves of the Dusty Bookshelf, where I was sure I saw this last week, but of course either I imagined it or someone else snapped it up. Drat! Maybe it was actually at the library.
So I turned to e-bay, where I purchased a vintage crewel embroidery kit which I will make for someone out there, so I cannot show you what it looks like.
Then, I signed up for my first swap, sponsored by AfricanKelli. I think my wristlet will have to be sans zip, due to the primitave nature of my sewing machine that only does a straight stich.
It looks like I'll be sewing a bit of bead and pailette details on some skirts for our belly dance show in July. Yes, I said belly dance. It will be good "sit in the rocking chair and sew while watching TV" work.
Back to my real work and avoiding thinking about the car thing. Of course, I'll have my new pattern book to entice me when I get home. It arrived yesterday. Yahoo!

3 Comments:
hi there lori - you were the 5th blog comment for the paper scraps on my blog yesterday. Well one of those comments was from my sister so I think you qualify for your own envelope full. Please send your address to my email address so I can send out your scraps.
embellishedcards@yahoo.com
Thanks for helping me clean house!
you can do zippers with a straight stitch! have you checked the thimble tutorial? very easy to follow. I hadn't done a zipper in 10 years and it was easier than I remembered. good luck.
Oooh, I know you'll do great on the swap. If you can make softies, you can surely do a zipper. Promise!
Post a Comment
<< Home