Swords & Zills & Bras - Oh My!
Tuesday night is my usual belly dance class. We are currently gearing up for our annual concert, or as Tim calls it, "Recital" - which makes me feel like a third grade piano student. But nevermind.
We're working on a folkloric group number with zills, a.k.a. finger cymbals. There will be 12 of us on a small stage together, but as yet we haven't practiced it with all 12 in attendance. This makes for some tricky maneuvering as our V pattern switches to an X, an ^ and then back to a V again.
Jo, Barb and I are also working on a sword piece that involves not only balancing (on head, hand and stomache) but also throwing swords back and forth. The first time I attempted this I was like a little girl in a dodge ball tournament, but last night I felt much better about the flying projectiles.
Jana came in and flashed us all with the most amazing covered bra she had made - her first attempt too. It was red, black and silvery paisly with red and black straps. And she didn't pop out the top of it once all night! Well done, Jana!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home